Monday, August 27, 2012

My first day at school...

Today was my first day at school - I'm a first grader now.  I go to Room # 8 and my teacher's name is Mrs. Moody.  In the summer time, she was the teacher that already taught me in the Bug Camp and the Creatures of the Sea Camp so I already know her.  Some of my friends aren't in my class room, they are in Room # 9.  I had homework tonight too.  I had to write out my spelling words, practice my numbers and practice knowing the definitions of some vocabulary words.  Want to know the words I had to practice on?  It was the words;  abdomen - that's your stomach, abandon - that's when you leave something, accelerate - that's when Papa drives faster, and absorb - that's like a sponge soaking up the water.  AND - we went to McDonald's to celebrate me going for my first day!  Mana is going to try to put my picture up so you can see what I looked like today.  I did NOT want my picture taken this morning, so I let her take my picture tonight.  That's my school shirt - and for four days I have to wear my school shirt and khaki shorts or pants and on Friday, I get to wear what I want to wear - not my uniform.  AND, on Friday's, that's the only day I want hot lunch because they have cheese pizza.  I like to bring my lunch from home better.  Tomorrow I will have a bologna sandwich, some oranges and a chocolate chip cookie in my lunch.  Do you know what you are having yet?  It was a good day.  I'm pretty tired because I played hard outside and I have to get up at 6:30 in the morning.  

I forgot something!  Did you know I have my own room now?  I'll tell you about it later.  I want to watch some TV before bed.  My room is blue (Panther's color) and I HAVE A HAMSTER named Rocky.

Good night!