Sunday, September 23, 2012

My butterfly...

We found all these caterpillars all over Mana's vine with leaves (Passion flower vine) and they ate ALL the leaves.  Mana thought we should keep some caterpillars in jars to see what they hatched into.  We took one to school too and then she looked it up on the internet.  This caterpillar is called a Variegated Fritillary and it is an orange butterfly.  Do you see me in the picture?  This is one that just came out of the cocoon and it's wings are not dry so it just hangs around.  I got to hold it for a while.  When I got tired of holding it, Mana hung it up on the vine until it wanted to fly away.  I'm not scared of them.  At school, the butterfly hatched and we let it go outside.  Mana caught another caterpillar for me and I might take it to school on Monday so we can watch that one too.  The butterflies are all over the lantana bushes and butterfly bushes.

Right now, me and My Papa are doing battle.  We are spinning some tops around.  However's top stops first, they lose.  I have the real spinner one and I gave Papa the spinning Cinderella toy. :)  I'm going to win!

My teacher, Mrs. Moody taught me something really cool ~ Manners will take you where money never will.  I say it to Mana and Papa often and they said that was really true.  I have good manners, right?

Oh!  Guess What?!!  I have 12 'A's now and I get to go bowling after my soccer game next Saturday!!!
I have to do some chores now - I don't like to work, but I've been learning that's what I'm posed to have to do.  Today, I had to help Mana clean up yucky dog poop all over the yard.  I weared rubber gloves and used my shovel.  I earned $1.00 for helping!  

I love you!