Sunday, October 9, 2011

Makin' Cookies!

Tonight it was finally time to make my cookies for the fair!  Papa has to take them in the morning to the fair. Is it time yet for the Fair?  Mana said not yet.  Here's how you make the peanut butter cookies:  you take one cup of peanut butter, and one cup of sugar, and one egg.  Then you stir it up really good.  It's hard to stir so you have to be really strong.  Then, you stir, stir, stir and then make it into balls and criss cross with your fork and then bake it for 10 minutes.  You can put your thumb in it too and mash it down.  Then, after it cooks, you can push a chocolate kiss in the middle or you can put a little bit of jam in the middle too.  My cookies have two criss cross, two chocolate kisses, and two with jam because I had to make six for the fair.  Papa is eating some of the other cookies and he said they were very good.  Mana likes them with the jam and the chocolate kiss.  I can make you some too!

Guess what else I did today?!  Me and Papa and Mana went to a flower place and they had pumpkins too and Papa buyed me this huge pumpkin.  We sat in the backyard and me and Papa cleaned out the guts and then Mana helped me cut the face I wanted in the pumpkin.  In a little while when it gets dark, I get to light the candle that's inside it!  Did  you know I know how to light the candle?  I have this long lighter and I put it through the pumpkin's mouth, and light the candle.  It's going to be really cool!!   Mana cooked pumpkin seeds tonight too and they are really good.  You should try some.